Monday, September 23, 2013

Excuse Me, Miss


Who is raising your kid? I ask that with the utmost sincerity. Do you really know what he wants to be? Do you realize what he could be? Do you know where he’s headed? Is that ok with you? I ask because I spoke with your son at school today. He told me that he wanted to be a thug. No joke. He wants to be a thug because it’s tight. I know that you have a lot going on and that you have other children to raise. I know that you work several jobs. I know that you haven’t heard from his father in years. I am aware of all of the obstacles in your life that could get in the way of rearing your child, but he needs you to be superhuman.

He’s much smarter than his teacher thinks. She’s just more focused on his behavior. After sitting in his class, I can understand why. He needs you. I only get an hour a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment